“Personal Information” (Pl) shall mean the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national or ethnic origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of a person; information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person; any identifying number, symbol, email address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier or other particular assignment to the person; the biometric information of the person; the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person; correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence; the views or opinions of another individual about the person whether the information is recorded electronically or otherwise.
- “POPIA” shall mean the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 as amended from time to time.
- King Cars Trust trading as King Cars shall hereafter be referred to as “King Cars”.
- King Cars hosted website servers are protected by industry standard security protocols.
- King Cars stores customer data in a digital administration system. This system is accessible only by authorised persons who use their own authentication credentials used to access this data. Authorised persons access to PI are further controlled through the use of user level security.
- Where the digital administration system database is backed up and stored off site, the relevant industry standard security protocols have been put into effect to protect this data.
- King Cars is required to come into contact with or have access to Pl and other information that may be classified or deemed as private or confidential. Such Pl may also be deemed or considered as private and confidential as it relates to any third party who may be directly or indirectly associated with this declaration. Further, it is acknowledged and agreed by [Trading Name] that we will have the necessary consent to share or disclose the Pl and that the information may have value.
- King Cars will at all times comply with POPIA’s Regulations and Codes of Conduct and that we shall only collect, use, and process Pl it comes into contact with pursuant to this declaration in a lawful manner, and only to the extend required to execute the services, or to provide the goods and to perform our respective obligations to our customers and partners.
- King Cars has put in place, and at all times, shall maintain, appropriate physical, technological, and contractual security measures to ensure the protection and confidentiality of Pl that it, or its employees, its service providers or other authorised individuals comes into contact with pursuant to this declaration.
- Unless so required by law, King Cars agrees that it shall not disclose any Pl as defined in POPIA to any third party without the prior written consent of our customers, and notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, shall any party in no manner whatsoever transfer any Pl out of the Republic of South Africa.